The eighth MONOPOLY World Championship took place October 16, 1988 at Park Lane Hotel in London, England. Ikuo Hyakuta of Japan was the champion over a field of players from 29 countries. His prize was $15,140 (the amount of money then in a set of Monopoly) and a personal computer.
A jeweled Monopoly set valued at 1 million pounds by designer Sidney Mobell was on display at this tournament.
Participating Players Edit
- Ikuo Hyakuta, Japan - World Champion
- Tony Andrews, New Zealand - Final Table
- Roger Edblom, Sweden - Final Table
- Chen Shabtai, Israel - Final Table
- Carmen Arrovo, Puerto Rico - Final Table
- Hans-Günther Meyer, West Germany - 6th Place
- Jason Bunn, United Kingdom, Defending Champion (1985)
- Cara Buffett, Canada
- Àngel Agüeras, Spain
- Gary Peters, USA
- Michael Grabsky, United Kingdom
Know of other players who competed? Please add them with a reference.